Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bill Cunningham New York

FINALLY saw this movie, it's been playing in theaters here in NYC forever, and I am so glad I did. What an amazing man, so full of joie de vivre and passion for his work, so optimistic about the world and it's possibilities. I've never left a movie feeling so happy and inspired, I went straight to my studio to paint.

I've loved his photos for years, and now that I know how much he loves not just his work but everyone he photographs, I adore them even more. Just look at the gorgeous juxtapositions in the collage below, and the feeling of spring that comes from the inclusion of all the cherry blossoms and magnolias:

He says : "The wider world perceives fashion as frivolity that should be done away with. The point is that fashion is the armour to survive the reality of everyday life. I don't think you can do away with it, it would be like doing away with civilisation." I couldn't agree more!

Seriously, go see this movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment